1. The name of the club shall be LODDON WHITE DOLPHIN SWIMMING CLUB and the club colour shall be ROYAL BLUE.
2. The objects of the club shall be those of the ASA, the promotion and instruction in the arts of swimming and water safety.
3. The Annual General Meeting shall be held every twelve months on a date fixed by the committee.
3.1 A Special General Meeting shall be held at the expressed or written request of the majority of the committee as defined in rule 4 or within 28 days of the receipt of the Hon. Secretary of a written request from 10 members, such meeting to deal with only the matter of which notice is given in request.
3.2 Each member or parent-member entitled to vote shall be notified by a notice on the Main Notice Board of an Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting as the case may be, not later than 14 days before the date of the meeting. Such notice shall include an agenda containing all items for discussion and decision.
3.3 Additions, deletions or alterations to rules shall only be made at a General Meeting and any proposals for which items shall be submitted to the Hon. Secretary one month before.
3.4 The Officers and Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting. Officers shall consist of, Chairman, Hon. Secretary and Hon. Treasurer.
3.5 The club’s accounts shall close on the 31st December in each year and shall be submitted at the Annual General Meeting, with the approval of a second inspection.
4. The club shall be managed by a committee composed of the officers and other members elected at the Annual General Meeting. The quorum shall be at least seven including an officer.
4.1 The committee shall meet once per three months and at such other times as the Chairman in consultation with the Hon. Secretary may deem necessary.
4.2 The committee shall have the power to co-opt and shall have the authority to appoint a special committee for any special purpose, with or without power to act. The committee shall have the authority to make regulations within the constitution and the ASA laws.
5. Admission to club sessions shall be upon advance payment of term fees as determined by the committee.
6. Members should give notice of resignation. Members not attending for five continuous weeks without notification in writing will be presumed to have left the club and their name will be deleted from the club register. All children under five years of age to be accompanied in the pool by a parent.
7.1 All funds and other property of the club shall be applied for the furtherance of the objects of the club. This shall include work by the club to raise money to refurbish the pool and its associated facilities within Hobart High School. This shall be by methods agreed by the committee including, but not restricted to, fund raising activities within the club and the local community and, where appropriate, applying for grants that may be available to the club. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall not prevent fund raising by the club for its own internal purposes for the benefit of its members, unconnected with the fabric of the pool and its facilities.
7.2 All monies payable to the club for the refurbishment of the pool and its associated facilities shall be received by the Treasurer, separately logged from other club funds, and deposited in a bank account in the name of the club. Any of these monies not required for immediate use may be invested as the Committee in its discretion thinks fit.
8. All club committee members shall act at all times with the club’s interest and take an active role in the day to day activities of the club.
9. In the event of a club member being proved guilty of a breach of the above rules, misconduct, or acting in a manner to bring the club into disrepute, the committee shall have the power to deal with the matter as it deems fit.
10. Any assets remaining on dissolution of the club, after satisfying any outstanding debts and liabilities, shall not be distributed among the members of the club but, at the sole discretion of the committee, shall either: (a) be given to the club for the benefit of the children of the club in any manner which is approved by the committee; or (b) be refunded to the original donor or funder.